Chocolate & Chia Seed Overnight Oats
I love overnight oats, they are the perfect grab and go breakfast! The oats are a great source of slow-releasing carbohydrates and the chia seeds are a great source of fibre to help stop any mid-morning hunger pangs.
- 40 g Porridge Oats
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (or Cacao)
- 1 tsp Matcha or Maca Powder (optional) For a superfood boost!
- 150 ml Milk of choice
- Frozen Mixed Berries
- Banana, mashed, with a drizzle of honey
- Yogurt and crushed nuts of choice
- Add the porridge oats, chia seeds, cocoa and optional powdered ingredients into a mason jar or similar container. Stir well to combine.
- Add the milk and stir well.
- After a few minutes stirs again to prevent the chia seeds from clumping together.
- Chill in the fridge overnight.
- Note: if using frozen mixed berries, add these to the overnight oats BEFORE placing in the fridge.
- In the morning, top with any additional toppings and enjoy.
If enjoying this recipe as part of my 28 Day Hormone Reboot Detox, use cacao instead of cocoa and omit the protein powder and honey.